Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wall <d....@computer.org> on 2004/02/06 17:54:29 UTC

Re: Excel Mime problem - IE 6 changed behavior on file uploads for us

It may not be related, but we've noted that IE 6 on XP (oddly enough) seems
to send the wrong content-type when .doc and .xls files are uploaded.  We
used to get the correct mime types, but now we get application/octet-stream.
We noted that our Mozilla 1.6 does the same, but Opera 7.11 gives the right
content-type.

When a file is uploaded, it appears that the content-type is set by the
browser, without respect to the web.xml or even apache's mime.types file.

David