Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net> on 2023/05/24 20:13:16 UTC

Cannot run /usr/bin/firefox

Fedora 38, fairly new install
Netbeans 17 installed using dnf install netbeans, no issues installing.

I'm moving to a new machine, on my old machine running Mint and Netbeans 17 this works fine.  I have scp's all my projects over to my new machine and making sure they all still build and run.

When I try to run a servlet either run or debug, teh project is built and deployed to a local tomcat server. I can manually run firefox and the servlet is running fine.

But I get a small error popup lower right that says "Cannot run firefox", :Selected browser cannot be run"

I changed the setting for firefox to /usr/bin/firefox", no change

I tried to change the selected browser Chrome, it seems to accept the "apply" button, but I still get the "Cannot run /usr/bin/firefox" message.
Checking the settings verified that Chrome was selected?

at a loss,

Scott