Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Noel Golding <no...@spearreport.com> on 2002/08/15 17:36:24 UTC

best fit

I have set up 3 different FO documents for a publication that I create.  1A for a lot of text, 1B for our standard amount and 1C for very little, so the layout looks good.

My questions are

1. is there an easier way to do this (i.e. relative sizing and positioning)

2. how do I determine which FO fills the page the best?  my idea was to start with the loosest fit first (1C) and if it went over the specified number of pages try the next (1B) and if that went over then try (1A). But I am not sure how I could implement this.  any ideas?