Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/09/09 19:13:40 UTC

[Board Report] September 2021

Hi guys,

I prepared the board report for this month: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KARAF/Board+Reports

Here’s the online version:

The mission of the Apache Karaf project is to provide an application
ecosystem. Apache Karaf runtime is a modulith runtime allowing to run any kind
of applications. Karaf subprojects bring additional features for this runtime
and running applications.
## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
## Membership Data:
Apache Karaf was founded 2010-06-16 (11 years ago)
There are currently 31 committers and 17 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 8:5.
Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-11-29.
- No new committers. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-05-19.
## Project Activity:
Karaf runtime 4.3.3 has been released, it's a major release on the 4.3 series.
On the other hand, Karaf runtime 4.2.12 is in preparation (vote will start
shortly), as well as Karaf Decanter 2.8.0.
Karaf main will be upgraded to 4.4 series to update to OSGi R8.
We also did good progress on Karaf 5 proposal: it will presented during
ApacheCoon.
## Community Health:
We are looking forward on ApacheCon to have kind of discussion panel about
Karaf 5 (expectations, use cases, etc). We also plan a Karaf meetup before the
end of the year to announce Karaf 5.
We also started to work with other projects (especially Camel and CXF) to have
a better Karaf support.

Please let me know if it’s OK for you and feel free to add content.

I would like to send the board report asap.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [Board Report] September 2021