Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ravi Mangalagiri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 15:16:12 UTC

how to specify ActionMapper

I added the following key, value in my struts.properties

struts.mapper.class=org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper

and my action is defined as follows:

<struts>

    <package name="queryReports" extends="struts-default"
namespace="/queryReport">

        <default-interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />

        <action name="auditLogQueryReport" class="
com.xyz.customersolutions.ess.webapp.action.common.BaseAction">
         <result name="success" type="redirect-action">
           <param name="actionName">runQueryReport</param>
           <param name="namespace">/queryReport</param>
           <param name="queryReportBeanName">auditLogReport</param>
      </result>
        </action>

        <action name="runQueryReport" class="
com.xyz.customersolutions.ess.webapp.action.queryreport.QueryReportAction">
            <result name="success">/pages/includes/query.jsp</result>
        </action>

    </package>

</struts>

and it still refers to
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult i

Follow is the error I am getting, am I missing something

Feb 7, 2007 8:50:42 AM com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtilinternalSetProperty
WARNING: Caught OgnlException while setting property 'queryReportBeanName'
on type 'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'.
ognl.NoSuchPropertyException:
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult.queryReportBeanName
 at ognl.ObjectPropertyAccessor.setProperty(ObjectPropertyAccessor.java:133)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack$ObjectAccessor.setProperty(
OgnlValueStack.java:65)
 at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1629)
 at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:105)
 at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
 at ognl.SimpleNode.setValue(SimpleNode.java:246)
 at ognl.Ognl.setValue(Ognl.java:476)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setValue(OgnlUtil.java:184)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.internalSetProperty(OgnlUtil.java
:358)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:74)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:47)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildResult(ObjectFactory.java
:211)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.createResult(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:179)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:303)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:218)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(
DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:177)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(
ValidationInterceptor.java:115)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept
(ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.intercept(
ParametersInterceptor.java:147)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(
StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(
CheckboxInterceptor.java:80)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(
FileUploadInterceptor.java:204)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(
ModelDrivenInterceptor.java:74)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(
ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.java:120)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ProfilingActivationInterceptor.intercept(
ProfilingActivationInterceptor.java:59)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(
DebuggingInterceptor.java:174)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ChainingInterceptor.intercept(
ChainingInterceptor.java:115)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(
I18nInterceptor.java:143)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.PrepareInterceptor.intercept(
PrepareInterceptor.java:115)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletConfigInterceptor.intercept(
ServletConfigInterceptor.java:156)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.AliasInterceptor.intercept(
AliasInterceptor.java:124)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(
ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:180)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(
DefaultActionInvocation.java:200)
 at org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy$1.call(StrutsActionProxy.java
:27)
 at org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy$1.call(StrutsActionProxy.java
:26)
 at org.apache.struts2.impl.RequestContextImpl.callInContext(
RequestContextImpl.java:152)
 at org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java
:25)
 at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java
:330)
 at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(
FilterDispatcher.java:256)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java
:42)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(
PageFilter.java:118)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(
PageFilter.java:52)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java
:42)
 at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(
ActionContextCleanUp.java:118)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java
:42)
 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(
WebAppServletContext.java:3151)
 at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(
AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java
:121)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(
WebAppServletContext.java:1973)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(
WebAppServletContext.java:1880)
 at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1310)
 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:179)

Re: how to specify ActionMapper

Posted by Ravi Mangalagiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
Exactly, I followed the example Dave mentioned......................

 <action name="auditLogQueryReport" class="
com.fanniemae.customersolutions.ess.webapp.action.common.BaseAction">
      <result name="success" type="redirect-action">
        <param name="actionName">runQueryReport</param>
        <param name="namespace">/queryReport</param>
         <param name="queryReportBeanName">auditLogReport</param>
    </result>
 </action>

 <action name="runQueryReport" class="
com.fanniemae.customersolutions.ess.webapp.action.queryreport.QueryReportAction
">
  <result name="success">/pages/includes/query.jsp</result>
 </action>
according to the documentation if I have a setter/getter for
'queryReportBeanName' on my QueryReportAction, and if I use ActionMapper, it
should populate it.

On 2/7/07, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > By specifying the "queryReportBeanName" inside the
> > <result/> tag, you're actually setting the value on
> > the redirect-action object [...]
> > if you want to set a static param on your own action
> > then take it out from under the <result/> tag and
> put
> >  it in inside the <action/> tag.
>
> Just a clarification, that is direct contradiction to
> the docs at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/redirect-action-result.html:
>
> <package name="passingRequestParameters"
> extends="struts-default"
> namespace="/passingRequestParameters">
>   <-- Pass parameters (reportType, width and height)
> -->
>   <!--
>   The redirect-action url generated will be :
>
> /genReport/generateReport.action?reportType=pie&width=100&height=100
>   -->
>   <action name="gatherReportInfo" class="...">
>      <result name="showReportResult"
> type="redirect-action">
>         <param
> name="actionName">generateReport</param>
>         <param name="namespace">/genReport</param>
>         <param name="reportType">pie</param>
>         <param name="width">100</param>
>         <param name="height">100</param>
>      </result>
>   </action>
> </package>
>
> because you're passing parameters to the *result*
> action, NOT the action that is *generating* the
> result.
>
> This issue is in JIRA at
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1714
>
> So either the docs are wrong, or there's a bug.
>
> d.

Ravi Mangalagiri
www.bluepitch.org (My personal website. Coming soon!)
703-505-4240 (c)

Re: how to specify ActionMapper

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ravi Mangalagiri wrote:
> The actual problem is I fixed struts.properties to
> use ActionMapper as show below

struts.mapper.class=org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper

> but it still uses ...... ServletActionRedirectResult

That doesn't make any sense; one is a mapper and one
is a result. What do you believe you are trying to do?

Dave

Re: how to specify ActionMapper

Posted by Ravi Mangalagiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the error message, and the source, it's
> just a warning. Processing continues as normal after

> that, so it should be setting the values correctly.
>
> Dave Newton-4 wrote:
> > This issue is in JIRA at
> > https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1714
> >
> > So either the docs are wrong, or there's a bug.

Or it's just a warning and I should read better :)

d.

Re: how to specify ActionMapper

Posted by cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com>.

The error seems self-explanatory.

By specifying the "queryReportBeanName" inside the <result/> tag, you're
actually setting the value on the redirect-action object ( known also by
it's java name org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult ).

if you want to set a static param on your own action ( also known as
com.xyz.customersolutions.ess.webapp.action.common.BaseAction ), then take
it out from under the <result/> tag and put it in inside the <action/> tag.

hth,
-a