Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com> on 2014/11/14 17:26:33 UTC

[SUREFIRE] List of simple issues to fix

I went through the JIRA in surefire project and prepared a list of issues
which can be either closed or apply the provided patches or easy to fix.

I have assigned other issues waiting for response from Reporter to close.

There is 150 open bugs and therefore we can improve the statistics by fixing
these:

SUREFIRE-650
SUREFIRE-620
SUREFIRE-1054
SUREFIRE-1052
SUREFIRE-1036
SUREFIRE-994
SUREFIRE-995
SUREFIRE-917
SUREFIRE-893
SUREFIRE-854
SUREFIRE-850
SUREFIRE-840
SUREFIRE-833
SUREFIRE-830 (add a warning for wrong threadCount)
SUREFIRE-781
SUREFIRE-779
SUREFIRE-778
SUREFIRE-713
SUREFIRE-632
SUREFIRE-601
SUREFIRE-587
SUREFIRE-468 (retest)
SUREFIRE-524
SUREFIRE-383
SUREFIRE-269

-----
BR, tibor17

Re: [SUREFIRE] List of simple issues to fix

Posted by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>.
Thx Bernd for your feedback.
All this cleanup in JIRA in surefire project was started with purpose. I
believe that the growing bugs should be cut down and fixed one by one;
otherwise we wouldn't be able to track those and the image of maven would
become worse. These are the reasons why I am asking the JIRA reporters to
provide a patch. At least one patch per release from a user would be
helpful.

-----

Posted by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>.
Closed 6 issues
SUREFIRE-1001, SUREFIRE-904, SUREFIRE-595, SUREFIRE-1054, SUREFIRE-620,
SUREFIRE-1118

-----

Posted by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>.
A new issue SUREFIRE-1118 was open this morning. I have handled it and
proposed closing it because it's a duplicate to SUREFIRE-514.

-----

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Am Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:31:17 -0700 (MST)
schrieb tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>:

> It makes sense to me to close these bugs without a fix.
> I will wait one week for a response.
> If somebody want to prevent from closing them, let me know.

All but one seem to be a clear close for me:

SUREFIRE-1001 - unconfigured MaxPerm. Probably OK to close, especially
as there is a Mojo documentation about vmargs and form mode, close ok.

SUREFIRE-904 - unconfigured groups/categories. OK to close, is kind of
support issue.

SUREFIRE-595 - I wonder, is skipTests honored only by the default value
for the parameter? If yes the original poster could reconfigure it to
false in the pom. In all cases: not really a surefire issue, close ok.

SUREFIRE-1054 - usage problem of excludegroups, close ok

SUREFIRE-620 - verify manifests, in failsafe/verify instead. close ok.

SUREFIRE-757 - sourceEncofing  not picked up. I would argue it makes
sense to change the warning to actually mention reorting.outputEncoding.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [SUREFIRE] List of simple issues to fix

Posted by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>.
It makes sense to me to close these bugs without a fix.
I will wait one week for a response.
If somebody want to prevent from closing them, let me know.
SUREFIRE-1001, SUREFIRE-904, SUREFIRE-595, SUREFIRE-1054, SUREFIRE-620,
SUREFIRE-757

-----
BR, tibor17