Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Melanie Pfefer <me...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/10/20 15:18:10 UTC

environment variable

Hello

I got this error in tomcat:

Cannot run program "htmldoc": error=2, No such file or directory

Is it a good practice to include this command in PATH and put the variable PATH in startup.sh script?

I am usin tomcat 6 with solaris 10

thank you

RE: environment variable

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I see a technology thats a few years old and has one maintainer
support page located at
http://www.htmldoc.org/newsgroups.php?ghtmldoc.general+T

Personally I dont advocate spyware/viruses so I dont download binaries

If you want GPL solution there are a number of different OpenSource solutions including
Formatting Object Processor for producing PDF's
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

Thanks for the link,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

RE: environment variable

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
Send reply to:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
From:	Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>
To:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject:	RE: environment variable
Date sent:	Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:09:37 -0400

RE: environment variable

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
the only reference I could find while grepping on htmldoc was htmldocs .. a html folder for CF MX war

Re: environment variable

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Mårten Svantesson wrote:
> Melanie Pfefer skrev:
>> Hi Andre,
>>
>> yes I put this executable file under bin/ directory. I did not come with tomcat.
>>
>> I am using the command in a java code. tomcat gives this error in catalina.out
>>
>> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "htmldoc": error=2, No such file or directory
>>
>> I thought this can be fixed in startup.sh (+ restart tomcat). What do you think?
>>

> Why not just put htmldoc in /usr/bin of the system?

That is one solution.
Another one would be to give the full path to where the htmldoc program
is located "in a/your java code".

If you have further questions, I suggest you copy, into your next
message, the java code line which calls this program.

Re: environment variable

Posted by Mårten Svantesson <ma...@travelocitynordic.com>.

--
  Mårten Svantesson