Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2006/02/21 15:23:17 UTC

comments disabled?

Hello,
I am using the latest "incubating" version of roller. One thing that a
reader has pointed
out is that comments are disabled. I have made sure that comments are
enabled in the
global server setting as well as the blog's settings. I even looked
inside the db table and all seems
correct except for the fact that when you click on the comments link you
get not input box. Instead you get
a message that says "comments are disabled" Is there something I'm missing?
I am a webapp developer so I'm willing to test/hack/debug whatever.
If you want to see the bug in action , my blog (Ghetto Java) is at
http://www.xaymaca.com/roller/page/gj
Thanks in advance,
Vinny

Re: comments disabled?

Posted by Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
Yeah, all the comments are set to expire "unlimited"

  comment settings which allows you to enable/disable

Re: comments disabled?

Posted by Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
Under my (Roller Weblogger 2.0.1-incubating) "plugins to apply"
I have the following choices:
Email Scrambler  ? true
Textile Formatter ? true
Topic Tags ?  false
Convert Line Breaks ? false
Read More Summary ? false
Emoticons ? false
Acronyms ? false
Bookmark Linker ?  false

Do any of these affect comments?

Re: comments disabled?

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

Re: comments disabled? a workaround

Posted by Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
I made this change and comments work again:

180c180
<         #if($website.allowComments)   <--- current
---
 >         #if($commentsEnabled && $website.allowComments &&
$entry.commentsStillAllowed)  <--- original

not sure if the $commentsEnabled or $entry.commentsStillAllowed was the
culprit but this should hold me till 2.1 is released I suppose.