Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com> on 2015/09/07 11:08:39 UTC

Oak releases and profiles

Hi,

most of us probably use the automated release checker script
we have for Jackrabbit and Oak releases. I recently noticed
the check script returns rather quickly for Oak releases. It
turns out this is due to profiles and configuration we have
in Oak.

The script runs 'mvn verify -Ppedantic'

For Oak, this means tests are skipped, because we wanted to
use this profile on Jenkins to run the RAT plugin only.

I would like to revert this change and run tests again
with the pedantic profile. This ensures we check the release
as documented in the README.md where users are instructed
to run 'mvn clean install' or 'mvn clean install -PintegrationTesting'.

Regards
 Marcel

Re: Oak releases and profiles

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 17/11/15 06:10, "Chetan Mehrotra" wrote:
>Was this change done? I just ran the check-release script for 1.2.8
>and it did not executed any test
>Chetan Mehrotra

no, not yet. I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-3644
to track the required changes.