Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Südkamp <Mi...@docware.de> on 2011/12/14 10:45:32 UTC

[OT] editing index with Luke question

Hi,

I know the Luke tool for browsing a Lucene index. From the description and the GUI I think it's also possible to edit  index. But I have problems with that and I wonder if someone can help with this.
What I did in Luke 3.4.0_1 is:
- open an index
- search for term -> get a list of matching documents
- double click on a document -> document details are shown
- click button "reconstruct & edit" -> dialog "Edit document" opens
- change a field or path or ...
- click button "Add to index" or "Delete old & add"
- click menu file / commit changes -> red text in status line : "no changes - commit ignored"
- if I repeat the search, the document does not contain my changes

Best regards

Michael

AW: [OT] editing index with Luke question

Posted by Michael Südkamp <Mi...@docware.de>.
Yes I tried this. I update (delete & add) my document now with a small program through Lucene directly so I don't rely on Luke anymore here.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Michael

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Südkamp <Mi...@docware.de>.