Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Beyer, Doug" <do...@troppussoftware.com> on 2011/07/26 16:27:46 UTC

handling native libs

I'm aware of the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entry. However this requires you to specifically list the native dll's. If I'm using 3rd party software that comes with its native dlls packaged in jars, do I need to unpack those jars and use the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entries? Or is there some way to tell felix about the native dlls in the jars?

Re: handling native libs

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On 26 Jul 2011, at 16:31 , Richard S. Hall wrote:

> On 7/26/11 10:27 AM, Beyer, Doug wrote:
>> I'm aware of the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entry. However this requires you to specifically list the native dll's. If I'm using 3rd party software that comes with its native dlls packaged in jars, do I need to unpack those jars and use the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entries? Or is there some way to tell felix about the native dlls in the jars?
>
> Java, in general, can't deal with DLLs inside of JAR files. It is possible this third party has created their own system for dealing with it too. For OSGi, yes, you'll need to make them accessible inside the bundle JAR file, not inside an embedded JAR file...or directly convert the third-party JAR into a bundle.

Or, more specifically, convert it into a fragment bundle.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: handling native libs

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 7/26/11 10:27 AM, Beyer, Doug wrote:
> I'm aware of the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entry. However this requires you to specifically list the native dll's. If I'm using 3rd party software that comes with its native dlls packaged in jars, do I need to unpack those jars and use the Bundle-NativeCode manifest entries? Or is there some way to tell felix about the native dlls in the jars?

Java, in general, can't deal with DLLs inside of JAR files. It is
possible this third party has created their own system for dealing with
it too. For OSGi, yes, you'll need to make them accessible inside the
bundle JAR file, not inside an embedded JAR file...or directly convert
the third-party JAR into a bundle.

-> richard