Posted to users@camel.apache.org by panzerhans <es...@tjonneland.no> on 2013/02/05 14:09:11 UTC

Re: Websphere 6.1.0.45: Unable to return data from a camel-cxf component (POJO mode)

I've been able to work a bit more on this topic. Here is what is happening.

The exchange headers used in the Camel part propagates into HTTP headers. I
wasen't aware of this.

Websphere is very strict about the content of the headers and a data object
that I was using carried an illegal sequence inside its .toString method
(illegal from Websphere HTTP header validation context).
Jetty seems to ignore this.

This leads to another question. Can I add headers to the
"exchange.getOut.setHeader(......)" that can be prevented from propagating
as HTTP headers with the SOAP communication?

Re: Websphere 6.1.0.45: Unable to return data from a camel-cxf component (POJO mode)

Posted by panzerhans <es...@tjonneland.no>.
Yes, I removed the header, and that works fine.

However carrying all exchange headers over to HTTP headers makes it very
difficult to carry over "route payload" if the CXF endpoint was not the last
endpoint. However, I am getting the feeling it is not going to be easily
possible to respond back to the WS caller from the CXF bean, and continue
processing, e.g. storing something on a queue etc.

Re: Websphere 6.1.0.45: Unable to return data from a camel-cxf component (POJO mode)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can remove the unwanted headers.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM, panzerhans <es...@tjonneland.no> wrote:
> I've been able to work a bit more on this topic. Here is what is happening.
>
> The exchange headers used in the Camel part propagates into HTTP headers. I
> wasen't aware of this.
>
> Websphere is very strict about the content of the headers and a data object
> that I was using carried an illegal sequence inside its .toString method
> (illegal from Websphere HTTP header validation context).
> Jetty seems to ignore this.
>
> This leads to another question. Can I add headers to the
> "exchange.getOut.setHeader(......)" that can be prevented from propagating
> as HTTP headers with the SOAP communication?

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com