Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "Shyamsundar, Purkayastha (Purkayastha)** CTR **" <sh...@lucent.com> on 2006/06/27 13:28:31 UTC

Trouble running XERCES samples

Hi All

This post is related to XERCES C++
I am very new to it so maybe I am missing some trick.Please help

I downloaded xerces 2.7.0 and it got installed properly

But when I tried to run any of the samples i get following error

"error while loading shared library :libstdc++.so.6:cannot open shared
object:No such file or directory"

I checked up in my /usr/lib directory and there was no libstdc++.so.6
file.So I created soft link to one of my libstdc++ so but then i get
the error as version problems in the .so file

I am using gcc 3.2.3.-47 and libstdc++ 3.2.3.-47 with RHES 3

Anyone who has ever faced this problem??please  help me out

thanks
Shyam

AW: Trouble running XERCES samples

Posted by Martin Harm <Ma...@cimt-ag.de>.
Hi Shyam,
one (easy) way is, to *build* your own xerces-c lib instead of using a precompiled binary.

On Linux, and I guess RHES is a Linux, it's quite easy :-)

ciao
martin