Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Bailey <gb...@i-link.net> on 2001/11/20 22:14:25 UTC

Location of JSSE .jar files in Tomcat 3.3?

Hi,

I'm in the process of attempting to update our web environment from
Tomcat 3.2.3 to Tomcat 3.3, and one of our applications (a SOAP one)
failed to find JSSE classes.  The 3 files jcert.jar, jnet.jar, and
jsse.jar are all located in /var/tomcat/lib/apps, since they would
potentially be shared by more than one web application.

This worked in 3.2.3, and the only way I'm able to get this to work (so
far) in 3.3 is to put these 3 jar files into
/opt/IBMJava2-13/jre/lib/ext.  My question is: why is this necessary?
Shouldn't classes found in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps be available to web
applications?

Thanks much for any insight into this--

Greg Bailey
gbailey@i-link.net