Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rikhil Jain <Ri...@infy.com> on 2002/02/22 10:29:38 UTC

How to display japanese font on console???

Hi all ,

I have embedded  Japanese font in Fop and able to display Japanese character in PDF
Using this

<fo:block font-family="Japanese-font" font-size="15pt> &#x5200;&#x4f71; </fo:block>

As much I understand fop takes this hax number as input and printed bitmap of this number
in  the PDF file.
I want same thing for my UI part. Basically I want to know How to map hax number with corresponding bitmap
Using  Java classes as done  by the FOP application .

Thanks in advance  .

Regards
Rikhil jain