Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rajkumar <Ra...@Sun.COM> on 2009/04/25 13:03:59 UTC

release plugin problem

Hi,
      I want to release a project but the name of the POM file I am
having is
sample-pom.xml . I am able to do the release with pom.xml  but not with a
different file name. How to make release understand that it has to look for
sample-pom.xml not pom.xml .

The error I am getting is
 BUILD ERROR
 Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an existing
pom.xml, but the build is not using one.

I tried using

mvn -f sample-pom.xml -Darguments="sample-pom.xml" release:prepare
release:perform

I also tried

mvn -f sample-pom.xml -DpomFileName="sample-pom.xml" release:prepare
release:perform

but getting the sample error.

When I tried running the release:clean it was successful. I command I
use is below,

mvn -f sample-pom.xml -DpomFileName="sample-pom.xml" release:clean

regards,
Rajkumar