Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul McMahon <pm...@software.plasmon.com> on 2006/09/04 14:55:21 UTC

axis 1.4 overriding BASIC authentication

Is it possible to override the class that handles BASIC HTTP authentication?

I want to forget tomcat_users.xml and hook into some proprietary
authentication code which stores users and passwords.

--
-Paul McMahon
-01763 261 466 ext 569

Re: axis 1.4 overriding BASIC authentication

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.
On Monday 04 September 2006 20:55, Paul McMahon wrote:
> Is it possible to override the class that handles BASIC HTTP
> authentication?
>
> I want to forget tomcat_users.xml and hook into some proprietary
> authentication code which stores users and passwords.

In tomcat custom authentication can be achieved by implementing your own
realm. Although I would first check if any of the built-in tomcat
realms (DataSourceRealm, JDBCRealm, ...) could be used. See
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html (depending on
your tomcat version) for more detail.

Manuel