Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Srikanth Chandika <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/24 05:39:56 UTC

Need help regarding Kafka

Hi,

-- I am new to kafka and zookeeper. I have implemented my test environment
with one Zookeeper node and 3 Kafka nodes. Now I want to increase my 1
zookeeper to 3 nodes ensemble.

-- I am continuously producing messages to one of the topic with python
script while the msgs producing in progress I am trying to increase the
nodes of zookeeper to 3 nodes from 1 node zookeeper.

-- While increasing the standalone zookeeper to multi node I should restart
the standalone zookeeper to know the new nodes existence to the standalone
and take the leadership.

-- When I restart standalone zookeeper there is minimum down time of
zookeeper so the msgs which I am producing from python script are missing
at the time of zookeeper restart.

-- After the zookeeper 3 nodes is done I am trying to tell the kafka that
there are another 2 nodes exists so again I should restart to update the
new nodes in the kafka config file server.properties at that particular
time also the msgs are lost.

-- So is there any other procedure to update the Zookeeper and kafka
configurations without loosing the Messages.

-- I am trying to find the solution on Google but failed.

Please help

Regards,
Srikanth