Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/01 15:08:26 UTC

Re: Request to join apachedirectory docker team

Thanks Stefan.  Here’s an update...

I have been playing around a bit with the fortress docker image have already made a minor change to use the latest schema (again).  Also getting familiar with how docker works along with how to best run our tests once inside a container.  My goal is to update the existing fortress slapd image with latest installation packages and to have a new image running for apacheds.

It’s going slow atm (old dog, new tricks) so probably nothing before the holiday break…

Shawn

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 3, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> I added that one. Can you try again?
>
> Also, when you login to https://hub.docker.com/ you should should be
> able to switch to the "apachedirectory" organization.

That worked Stefan.  Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Re: Request to join apachedirectory docker team

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 3, 2016, at 4:27 AM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> Did you push the modified docker image? At least docker hub shows "Last
> pushed: 11 days ago" so it seems not.
>
> Once you built the image you can push it with
>
> docker push apachedirectory/openldap-for-apache-fortress-tests:latest

I just tried a push and it failed (as below).  I sent you the wrong userid before, it should be as listed as below.  Can you verify you added this account to the docker repo?

Please login prior to push:
Username: shawnmckinney
Password:
Email: smckinney@apache.org
WARNING: login credentials saved in /home/smckinn/.docker/config.json
Login Succeeded
The push refers to a repository [apachedirectory/openldap-for-apache-fortress-tests] (len: 1)
16d69728bf2a: Image push failed
Error pushing to registry: Authentication is required.

Re: Request to join apachedirectory docker team

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Shawn,

On 12/01/2016 04:08 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> I have been playing around a bit with the fortress docker image have already made a minor change to use the latest schema (again).

Did you push the modified docker image? At least docker hub shows "Last
pushed: 11 days ago" so it seems not.

Once you built the image you can push it with

docker push apachedirectory/openldap-for-apache-fortress-tests:latest

We cannot do an automated build because (a) the current Dockerfile
requires "fortressBuilder-Debian-Silver-x86-64-1.0-RC39.zip" to be
downloaded and (b) and automated build requires read/write access to the
github repo.

Kind Regards,
Stefan