Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 23:32:06 UTC

starting, then deploying to JBoss?

I am wanting to start JBoss the deploy my ear and I can't seem to get a
connection:

                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>1.0</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <phase>package</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>start</goal>
                                <goal>undeploy</goal>
                                <goal>deploy</goal>
                                <!--<goal>stop</goal>-->
                            </goals>
                            <configuration>
                                <jbossHome>${jbossPath}</jbossHome>
                                <port>9090</port>
                            </configuration>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                </plugin>

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: starting, then deploying to JBoss?

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Oops, I meant the *.bat scripts rather than *.sh.

I modified the plugin extensively for our project, so I am not sure our
config would help. Here it is (with config items for our mods removed):

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <configuration>
           <jbossHome>${jboss.home}</jbossHome>
           <port>${appserver.port}</port>

<fileName>${project.build.directory}/exploded/${project.build.finalName}.${project.packaging}</fileName>
           <deployDir>${basedir}/src/main/jboss/deploy</deployDir>
           <libDir>${basedir}/src/main/jboss/lib</libDir>
           <confDir>${basedir}/src/main/jboss/conf</confDir>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

We modified the jboss-service.xml file to scan the target/exploded
directory, which effectively automatically deploys anything in that
directory. This is where we build our exploded ear directory (and also
works with a war project). However, I think that 'mvn jboss:deploy'
still works for us without this tweak.

I am not sure if the base plugin works, though. I do remember fixing
some stuff related to deployment in our local version of the
jboss-maven-plugin, but I don't remember precisely what it was.

Do you have more information about the failure? Is it an issue of
waiting for the server to start before trying to deploy? Do you have
relevant target/jboss/default/log/server.log output? Have you tried to
deploy your app manually using the jmx-console webapp (which is
essentially the same thing that the plugin does)?

-Max

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Two things come to mind:

Posted by JC Walmetz <jc...@yahoo.fr>.
Look at JIRA for jboss plugin. I have write a patch to start, waits the
server is deplyed and then remotely deploy (via jmx) my artifact.