Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/21 06:18:39 UTC

Debugging Wicket code ?

Just out of interest, what is the current favourite approach of debugging?
Do you guys do deploy inside Eclipse or always run the ant task?

I feel like writing log statements in the source code is taking a long time
and a debug session in Eclipse safes you a lot of time.
Remote Debugging was one option in the past however the instructions naver
made its way to the Apache project configuration docs.
So I guess they are also no more working with Wicket.
But why using remote debugging when you can run the code in Eclipse. That
was initially the intend for creating the "singlewebapp".

I think it would save us a lot of a time if we could return to the
development cycle in Eclipse. What do folks think?

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Debugging Wicket code ?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I think there is a hook i nEclipse to do that enhancing, but you are right,
the Red5 stuff is not Eclipse friendly at the moment.
I have created a ticket for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-711

We might just keep it open and come back to it one day.

Sebastian

Re: Debugging Wicket code ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--