Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James McIntosh <ja...@snaphire.com> on 2006/11/24 04:22:49 UTC

Injecting Alias into Host

I am using the ant command below to inject an alias into a host.
When I look at http://localhost/host-manager/list it shows that the
alias has been added but when I try to access the alias using a browser
or telnet it does not respond. I found in the documentation
ADD_ALIAS_EVENT: The ContainerEvent event type sent when a new alias is
added by addAlias().

I thought that this would be called and the alias activated... I looked
in the source and saw that
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.StandardHostMBean.addAlias(String)
calls org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostaddAlias(String)
This is the method calls the fireContainerEvent(ADD_ALIAS_EVENT, alias);

My JMX call is as follows:

<target name="addAlias" description="Add alias to host">
  <jmxOpen
    host="${jmx.server.name}"
    port="${jmx.server.port}"
    username="${jmx.server.username}"
    password="${jmx.server.password}"
    />
    <jmxInvoke
      name="Catalina:type=Host,host=${host.hostname}"
      operation="addAlias"

      <arg value="${host.alias}"/>
  </jmxInvoke>
</target>