Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andy Savin <A....@bath.ac.uk> on 2005/08/09 11:52:41 UTC

cannot create a quartz scheduler

Hi,

I have the 2_1_X branch of cocoon and the latest trunk of lenya (although
I get the same error with the version on the lenya website) (also running
tomcat 5.5).  I've built
cocoon using the properties files from $LENYA_HOME/src/cocoon.  And run
build.sh clean on both lenya and coocoon.  However, when attempting to
start lenya I get the follow error:

Message: Failure occured during job recovery.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery.
[See nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to
obtain DB connection from data source 'excalibur:LenyaScheduler':
java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error [See nested exception:
java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error]]

request-uri

/lenya/

full exception chain stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy

Re: cannot create a quartz scheduler

Posted by Andy Savin <A....@bath.ac.uk>.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Andy Savin wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > Try the following:
> > ./build.sh clean (cocoon)
> > rm local.b* (cocoon)
> > cp local.b* (from lenya 1.4 to cocoon)
> > ./build.sh (cocoon)
> > ./build.sh (lenya 1.4)
> >
> > The important thing is that *no* files from lenya 1.2 can be found in
> > your cocoon. You *have to* use cocoon-2.1.x and lenya-1.4.x from svn.

Hi,

Thanks for all the help.  Discovered that hsqldb couldn't write to its db
due to a permissions issue.  Now fixed.

Now getting a different error message.

Regards,

Posted by Andy Savin <A....@bath.ac.uk>.
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Try the following:
> ./build.sh clean (cocoon)
> rm local.b* (cocoon)
> cp local.b* (from lenya 1.4 to cocoon)
> ./build.sh (cocoon)
> ./build.sh (lenya 1.4)
>
> The important thing is that *no* files from lenya 1.2 can be found in
> your cocoon. You *have to* use cocoon-2.1.x and lenya-1.4.x from svn.

Hi,

I had done all that already.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 15:22 +0100, Andy Savin wrote:

> > > org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
> > > create a quartz scheduler
> >
> > are you running 1.2 and 1.4 side by side? if yes, then you need to start
> > 1.4 first iirc (otherwise there is a hsqldb port conflict)
>
> Hi, I'm not running 1.2 just trying to get 1.4 to work.  Checked the ports
> the only extra ports in use after tomcat starts are the tomcat ones
> (8080,7001,7000).  (I undertand that hsqldb uses port 9002.)

Try the following:
./build.sh clean (cocoon)
rm local.b* (cocoon)
cp local.b* (from lenya 1.4 to cocoon)
./build.sh (cocoon)
./build.sh (lenya 1.4)

The important thing is that *no* files from lenya 1.2 can be found in
your cocoon. You *have to* use cocoon-2.1.x and lenya-1.4.x from svn.

HTH

> regards,
>
> Andy

thorsten