Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/05/26 22:01:00 UTC

Jetspeed 1.6 Final Released

The Apache Portals Jetspeed Team is pleased to announce the final release of Jetspeed 1.6.

Jetspeed is an Enterprise Information Portal framework aiming to provide:

* an efficient multi-device user customizable portal interface

* an implementation of the Java Portlet API used for developing customizable components that can be
integrated into any compatible portal

The release is available for download from the Apache Download Mirrors:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi

Follow the links to portals/jetspeed-1

The binaries are distributed in two packages:

1. Jetspeed 1.6 without JSR-168 support
2. Jetspeed 1.6 with JSR-168 support (Fusion)

Two binary releases of Jetspeed 1.6 Fusion come prepackaged with Tomcat:

1. Jetspeed-Fusion 1.6 + Tomcat 5.0.30 distribution.
2. Jetspeed-Fusion 1.6 + Tomcat 5.5.9 distribution.

-----------------
* New Features *
-----------------

  1. Jetspeed Fusion - JSR 168 portlet integration with Jetspeed-2
  2. Jetspeed Clustering via JMS
  3. Ability to set the portlet title from within an action or while rendering content
  4. Security and Portlets can now be stored in the database
  5. Ability to switch database object model without re-compiling Jetspeed

Re: Jetspeed 1.6 Final Released

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Greg Buchanan wrote:
> Congratulations on the new releases !!
>
> I do have one question on the Jetspeed 1.6 Final release:
>
> One of the new features of 1.6 is the "Ability to switch database object
> model without re-compiling Jetspeed". However, the INSTALL document included
> with the distribution:
> - instructs you to change BOTH the project.properties files and the
> Torque.properties files, but the project.properties file is not included
> with the distribution.
> - Instructs you to go the the /src/sql/external/populate*.sql to find the
> scripts for your particular database, but these scripts are not in the
> distribution.
>
> I assume the change to project.properties is left over from the 1.5 release
> ?

With the binary distribution you only need to change the
Torque.properties and swap the jar file

> Was it the intent to have the user who wishes to use a different database go
> back to CVS for the populate.* scripts  ?

Nope. I forgot to zip up the scripts and put them in the distribution
area. Will do so over the weekend and send a announcement to this list...

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Jetspeed 1.6 Final Released

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Greg Buchanan wrote:
> Congratulations on the new releases !!
>
> I do have one question on the Jetspeed 1.6 Final release:
>
> One of the new features of 1.6 is the "Ability to switch database object
> model without re-compiling Jetspeed". However, the INSTALL document included
> with the distribution:
> - instructs you to change BOTH the project.properties files and the
> Torque.properties files, but the project.properties file is not included
> with the distribution.
> - Instructs you to go the the /src/sql/external/populate*.sql to find the
> scripts for your particular database, but these scripts are not in the
> distribution.
>
> I assume the change to project.properties is left over from the 1.5 release
> ?
>
> Was it the intent to have the user who wishes to use a different database go
> back to CVS for the populate.* scripts  ?

Sorry about the delay, was on holidays.
I've added the following scripts to the release area under the sql
directory, just a few minutes ago. Its going to take 4-8 hours to
completely propagate

jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.tar.gz
jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.tar.gz.asc
jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.tar.gz.md5
jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.zip
jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.zip.asc
jetspeed-sql-scripts-1.6.zip.md5

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: Jetspeed 1.6 Final Released

Posted by Greg Buchanan <gm...@cfl.rr.com>.
Congratulations on the new releases !!

I do have one question on the Jetspeed 1.6 Final release:

One of the new features of 1.6 is the "Ability to switch database object
model without re-compiling Jetspeed". However, the INSTALL document included
with the distribution:
- instructs you to change BOTH the project.properties files and the
Torque.properties files, but the project.properties file is not included
with the distribution.
- Instructs you to go the the /src/sql/external/populate*.sql to find the
scripts for your particular database, but these scripts are not in the
distribution.

I assume the change to project.properties is left over from the 1.5 release
?

Was it the intent to have the user who wishes to use a different database go
back to CVS for the populate.* scripts  ?

Thanks for all of the hard work !!

Thanks.