Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "Walker L. Dalton" <Wa...@Prominic.NET> on 2016/10/05 21:04:24 UTC

*Confidential: Re: Moonshine IDE 1.2.1 Windows release

Hey everyone,

For anyone receiving the 'DRep' infection message from Avast! when running
the Moonshine IDE, please note that 'DRep' stands for DomainRep or Domain
Reputation, it does NOT mean it is infected or has a virus. Here is more
information on DomainRep from the Avast forums:

   https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=163221.msg1164286#msg1164286
   DomainRep is a new feature of Avast, so let me explain a bit. It blocks
   EXE files downloads if these conditions are *all* met:
   1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users launched
   the file yet,
   2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users
   downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
   3. The file is not signed or Avast does not trust the signature.

Thank you,

Walker Dalton
My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open source
Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

----- Forwarded by Walker L. Dalton/A55E1D/PNI on 10/05/2016 03:58 PM -----

From:	Walker L. Dalton/A55E1D/PNI
To:	dev@flex.apache.org
Cc:	Justin M. Hill/A55555/PNI@PNI, Joel C. Anderson/A55D78/PNI@PNI,
            Dhwani K. Shah/A55DE8/PNI@PNI, Kinjal J. Patel/A55DE8/PNI@PNI,
            Santanu Karar/A55C03/PNI@PNI
Date:	10/05/2016 03:07 PM
Subject:	Moonshine IDE 1.2.1 Windows release

Hey all,

I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that we here at Prominic
have just deployed the 1.2.1 version of Moonshine for Windows. Try it out,
run a FlexJS project! For those of you unfamiliar with the Moonshine IDE,
visit www.moonshine-ide.com, where you can also find the source and
executables for MacOS & Windows. Please let us know what you think, we
would love to have some additional feedback from the Flex community.