Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by SSleeper <SS...@iProsperOnline.com> on 2002/02/19 18:08:25 UTC

How Secure is .htaccess?

How secure is .htaccess, can I trust it with private info?

Thanks
Vic

Re: How Secure is .htaccess?

Posted by SSleeper <SS...@iProsperOnline.com>.
Use basic SSL, then for login, use .htaccess, i.e... place an .htaccess file
in the ssl folder, or should I use some progmatic form of authorization, as
ssl in itself, won't ask for a user id and password.

Correct, or I'm I off base.

Thanks
Vic

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.