Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rafael Fernandez <rf...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/20 20:06:38 UTC

Artemis and Wildfly16

Good evening.

I have been trying to set up Wildfly16 with support to MQTT on JMS.

After a week trying to set  the system I have to say I am not been able to
have the system fully working.

Then I moved to standalone Artemis to get the hang of working with this
software.

To my surprise my first artemis broker is running. To test configuration I
have developed small Java clients for JMS queue producer/consumer and MQTT
publisher/suscriber. So I can exchange messages among all of them.

Trying to do the same in Wildfly I am facing these problems:

-- I can produce/consume to/from a queue from JMS producer/consumer.
-- I can publish to a queue from a MQTT publisher.

-- I have not been able to subscribe to a queue from a MQTT subscriber.

To discard problems in the Java clients I have used MQTTBOX as well an I
have the same problem unable to subscribe to a queue from MQTT.

Thanks in advanced.

Follow my standalone-full.xml

 <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:messaging-activemq:6.0">

    		<remote-connector name="mqtt-connector" socket-binding="mqtt"/>
                <in-vm-connector name="in-vm" server-id="0">

                </in-vm-connector>
                <http-acceptor name="http-acceptor"
http-listener="default"/>
                <http-acceptor name="http-acceptor-throughput"
http-listener="default">

                </http-acceptor>
                <remote-acceptor name="mqtt-acceptor" socket-binding="mqtt">

                </remote-acceptor>
                <in-vm-acceptor name="in-vm" server-id="0">

                </in-vm-acceptor>
                <jms-queue name="ExpiryQueue"
entries="java:/jms/queue/ExpiryQueue"/>
                <jms-queue name="DLQ" entries="java:/jms/queue/DLQ"/>
                <jms-queue name="jms.queue.Q1"
entries="java:/jms/queue/jms.queue.Q1
java:jboss/exported/queue/jms.queue.Q1" durable="true"/>
                <connection-factory name="InVmConnectionFactory"
entries="java:/ConnectionFactory" connectors="in-vm"/>
                <connection-factory name="RemoteConnectionFactory"
entries="java:jboss/exported/jms/RemoteConnectionFactory"
connectors="http-connector mqtt-connector"/>
                <pooled-connection-factory name="activemq-ra"
entries="java:/JmsXA java:jboss/DefaultJMSConnectionFactory"
connectors="in-vm" transaction="xa"/>

        <socket-binding name="mqtt" port="1883"/>

Re: Artemis and Wildfly16

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
In my opinion the greatest power and flexibility comes when running the
broker standalone. Then you can scale up if necessary (e.g. "horizontally"
via clustering or "vertically" via better hardware), configure high
availability, easily add support for other protocols, etc. without having
to deal with an application layer that's tied to the broker. Then your
applications (e.g. your MQTT devices, your project running in Wildfly,
etc.) can access the broker however they need.

Justin

Re: Artemis and Wildfly16

Re: Artemis and Wildfly16

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the update.

I think everything you said is correct. The initial confusion may have been
caused by the way the messaging subsystem in Wildfly exposes the Artemis
configuration. It's really meant to be used only as a JMS server so the
messaging subsystem configuration is geared towards that use-case. It's not
as flexible or abstract as the configuration for the standalone Artemis
broker.

Justin

Re: Artemis and Wildfly16

Re: Artemis and Wildfly16

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Are you getting an exception or error message on the client which provides
any additional information about what the problem might be when the
subscription attempt fails? Is anything logged in the server's log file?

You shouldn't need to define that "mqtt-connector" or specify it in the
"RemoteConnectionFactory" since MQTT clients don't use JNDI and therefore
don't look up connection factories. That may even break normal JMS clients
which use that connection factory.

Justin