Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Joaquin Alzola <Jo...@lebara.com> on 2016/06/20 20:47:45 UTC

Spark Cassandra Python Connector

Hi List

Is there a Spark Cassandra connector in python? Of course there is the one for scala ...

BR

Joaquin
This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the sender immediately upon receipt.

Re: Spark Cassandra Python Connector

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
I wouldn't recommend the TargetHolding lib.  It's only useful for working
with RDDs which are a terrible idea in Python, as the perf will make you
cry with any reasonable sized dataset.

The Datastax spark Cassandra connector works with Python + Dataframes
without the crazy overhead of RDDs.  Docs for working with Python are here
https://github.com/datastax/spark-cassandra-connector/blob/master/doc/15_python.md

I did a talk at the Cassandra Summit on this, the slides are here.
http://www.slideshare.net/JonHaddad/enter-the-snake-pit-for-fast-and-easy-spark

Posted by Dennis Lovely <dl...@aegisco.com>.
https://github.com/TargetHolding/pyspark-cassandra