Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Nicolas Belot <nb...@infovista.com> on 2022/02/22 12:59:37 UTC

how to setup nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period in a Nifi docker image ?

Hello everyone.

I use a docker image of nifi and I need to tune nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period.

Is there a way to simply  set it up through an env variable ?

I read the start.sh script but nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period  does not appear in this script.

Regards

N.

Re: how to setup nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period in a Nifi docker image ?

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
Breno,

While we're on this topic, what's best practice for changing something
like "the default nifi files on a clean docker image, ..."? Use sed or
awk from a RUN command? (This is really a Docker question, but you
raised it. Anything you suggest would be helpful.)

Russ

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
Thanks, Breno!

Posted by Breno Cesar <br...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Belot <nb...@infovista.com>.
Hi Breno.
Thanks for your feedback.

I think I will override the nifi image by adding my own entrypoint ( which will call the nifi start.sh at the end)
In my entrypoint, I will call another script that will mimic the nifi script.sh. In this new script , I will add something like :

prop_replace 'nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period'    "${NIFI_CONTENT_REPOSITORY_ARCHIVE_MAX_RETENTION_PERIOD:-'12 hours"}"

Regards

https://github.com/dprophet/nifi/blob/master/nifi-docker/dockerhub/CONFIGURATION.md<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdprophet%2Fnifi%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fnifi-docker%2Fdockerhub%2FCONFIGURATION.md&data=04%7C01%7Cnbelot%40infovista.com%7C9d7b2b54bc1c49e25d8308d9f60ca55f%7Cc8d853de982e440492ffb4189dc94e37%7C0%7C0%7C637811356471583447%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=IRvhcPqQz2gYCRz5bRiVQCp%2F7JhRz5I9GJY6m6iSsXg%3D&reserved=0>

Posted by Breno Cesar <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,