Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by MOURANI Gerhard <Mo...@iata.org> on 2006/05/15 17:09:36 UTC

You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

Dear All,

I'm trying to install jakarta-tomcat-connectors version 1.2.15 on RH
Enterprise Linux 4 where my apxs is located under ->
/home/svc_web/webserver/bin/apxs and I'me getting the following error
message durring compile time:

need to check for Perl first, apxs depends on it...
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
could not find /home/svc_web/webserver/bin/apxs
configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

Here my configure option -> ./configure
--with-apxs=/home/svc_web/webserver/bin/apxs

Someone know why this happen and how to fix it for the compilation to
success?

Gerhard,

This electronic mail transmission is confidential and may contain privileged
information. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any
unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it
immediately and notify us by return e-mail at the above address.

Re: Pool Settings: ojb.properties vs repository.xml

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Rick,

OJB Dev wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am using OJB 1.0.3 and was wondering why it seems that the pool settings
> have two different places to set the same settings. Would like to know which
> one takes precedence, if any, and what is the proper/preferred method to
> use.

This are different pools.
In OJB.properties you set the PersistenceBroker-Pool (specifies how are
the PersistenceBroker instances are handled, you can compare it with the
pooling of session beans in a J2EE-appServer).

In the repository file you can specify the Connection pooling.
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/connection.html#How+does+OJB+handle+connection+pooling%3F

regards,
Armin

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
While I'm not that familiar with the specifics of the pool, settings
in OJB.properties are usually system-wide, settings in the
repository.xml (jdbc-connection-descriptor or sub-element to be
precise) only for the database described by this connection
descriptor, and in some cases there are even settings specific fo
class-descriptors.
Of these the class-descriptor settings are used when present, or if
not, then the jdbc-connection-descriptor settings if present, and if
these aren't there either, then the settings from OJB.properties.

Tom

RE: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

Posted by Rick G <to...@vidyah.com>.
Well, did you verify apxs is in the folder you have specified, apxs is
installed with the  httpd-devel package/rpm.