Posted to dev@steve.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 00:35:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1491966 - in /steve/trunk/cmdline: make_issue.py steve.conf

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM,  <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: gstein
> Date: Tue Jun 11 21:17:44 2013
> New Revision: 1491966

> Log:
> Begin conversion of the make_issue.pl script, over to Python.
>
> This isn't 100% done, but most of the way. This commit enables the
> team to review the current direction.
>
> The steve.conf file doesn't belong here (maybe in trunk/conf/ and as
> steve.conf.example). But it has to go somewhere for now/testing.
>
> * cmdline/make_issue.py: new script, ported from make_issue.pl
>
> * cmdline/steve.conf: temporary config file

The goal here is to directly port each of the scripts, in
approximately their current form and function. Future rounds can clean
and reorganize. Alan said much the same on IRC, and I (obviously)
concur with his thought.

Please take a look at the direction and provide any feedback.

(I know there are better ways to do some of this; I'm just muscling
through right now; some will be also be refactored due to commonality
with other scripts)

Cheers,
-g

Re: svn commit: r1491966 - in /steve/trunk/cmdline: make_issue.py steve.conf

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jun 11, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM,  <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: gstein
>> Date: Tue Jun 11 21:17:44 2013
>> New Revision: 1491966

>> Log:
>> Begin conversion of the make_issue.pl script, over to Python.
>>
>> This isn't 100% done, but most of the way. This commit enables the
>> team to review the current direction.
>>
>> The steve.conf file doesn't belong here (maybe in trunk/conf/ and as
>> steve.conf.example). But it has to go somewhere for now/testing.
>>
>> * cmdline/make_issue.py: new script, ported from make_issue.pl
>>
>> * cmdline/steve.conf: temporary config file
>
> The goal here is to directly port each of the scripts, in
> approximately their current form and function. Future rounds can clean
> and reorganize. Alan said much the same on IRC, and I (obviously)
> concur with his thought.
>
> Please take a look at the direction and provide any feedback.
>
> (I know there are better ways to do some of this; I'm just muscling
> through right now; some will be also be refactored due to commonality
> with other scripts)

Thanks for checking this in.  It really clears things up for me as to how you envisioned organizing stuff.  I'll change votegroup.py to follow suit.

Regards,
Alan