only master able to accept incoming connections?

From the architecture’s perspective, there seems only a single master ( and a standby ) is able to receive incoming connections.

So if the number of incoming applications keep increasing, a single master could become the bottleneck.

Right now master seems responsible for handling both catalog and incoming connections, is there any plan to separate the responsibilities to multiple processes in the future?

Cheers

Re: only master able to accept incoming connections?

Posted by Lei Chang <ch...@gmail.com>.
Actually, from real user applications, we rarely encounter master
bottleneck since the main work is on segments.

The future plan is to have multiple masters.

Cheers
Lei