Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net> on 2005/12/19 16:17:18 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Release 1.0 Status - Release Candidate 20051219 Available for Review]

Have downloaded and tested the latest candidate and can offer the
following feedback:

- startup verbosity on windows is fixed..

- The latest Release note updates seem to be missing from the build. Hmm
the code change email notifications had indicated that Aaron committed
the changes.. ??

- redirect links for "additional docs" and "additional samples" are
broken.  Believe we can fix this up with the redirects at apache.org and
   doesn't require changes to the build.

- As expected, the shutdown exception (GERONIMO-1371) still occurs.
Would be nice to get this in the Release Notes if we respin for some
other reason.  Otherwise, perhaps we just have updated Release notes
available on the download page..

- Deploying a sample application war results in a new deployment
exception for *Jetty*.  This works fine for *Tomcat*..  Hadn't seen this
in previous builds..

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: web.xml includes
security elements but Geronimo deployment plan is not provided or does
not contain <security-realm-name> and <security> elements necessary to
configured security accordingly.
          at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.initContext(JettyModuleBuilder.java:426)

    See the full exception stack:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/3aSLe566.html

Strange.. the error is shown in my console but not in the geronimo.log
file..

The war file are at:

http://svn.apache.org/repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-servlet-examples-tomcat-5.5.12-1.war

Have attached both my Jetty and Tomcat Deployment plans..  BTW, this is
one of the default examples that we include in the distributuion.  I
have changed the plan from car->war and changed the context-root as part
of the test..

Thoughts?

Thanks
-Dave-

Re: [Fwd: Re: Release 1.0 Status - Release Candidate 20051219 Available for Review]

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Oops, I didn't know there were two.  :)  Let's delete the copy in the
root and just put a README.txt there aimed at developers and saying
the interesting getting started documents are in
modules/scripts/src/resources.

Aaron

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Aaron,