Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de> on 2001/07/06 14:31:02 UTC

TomCat TCP connector leaking

[This was posted on tomcat-user some weeks ago. As there was
no response I am now trying it here.]

Hi,

we are using TC 3.2.2 in standalone mode on a medium frequented
site. I am sure we never have more than 40-50 active,
simultaneous connections. However, from time to time I see the
message "thread pool exhausted" in jvm.stderr. I have raised
the max_threads parameter in server.xml, lets see if this
helps.

However, I actually wonder how 100 threads can be used? Our
application has some long running servlets in push mode, but
definitely not that much. So I ask myself whether the thread
pool of the TCP connector is leaking?

My question is: How would I debug the TCP connector? How can
I determine, which threads are actually busy, running which
servlet and which are waiting?

Thanks,

Jochen