Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by shai200 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 03:08:02 UTC

WebContinuation is null when using a custom Generator

I'm trying to use a flowscript with a custom generator (not a JXTemplate), so
I'm trying to get access to the continuation Id. But when I invoke

WebContinuation kont = FlowHelper.getWebContinuation(objectModel);

in the setup() method, kont is null... how do I retrieve it? Do I need to
work with a org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl ?

Re: WebContinuation is null when using a custom Generator

Posted by shai200 <sh...@gmail.com>.
My custom generator's output is xml, which then goes into further
transformations. I want to have flow between my pages. For now, what I do is
I have a JXTemplateGenerator that spits out a very simple XML:

I then take this continuation ID and place it in the form action value of my
HTML, so that I can use a flowscript. What I wanted to do is skip this step
and just use the flowscript with my custom generator. But I guess there's no
point because then I'll be foregoing the power of JXTemplates.

Shai

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 14.05.2008 21:08, shai200 wrote:
> I'm trying to use a flowscript with a custom generator (not a JXTemplate), so
> I'm trying to get access to the continuation Id. But when I invoke
>
> WebContinuation kont = FlowHelper.getWebContinuation(objectModel);
>
> in the setup() method, kont is null... how do I retrieve it? Do I need to
> work with a org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl ?

 From what I understand you just try to retrieve it in the Java code of