Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by bluehu <hu...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/26 01:45:41 UTC

partitions' balance among ignite nodes

I have test the partitions' balance among ignite nodes, parts=1024, backup=1

I use 32 ignite nodes to test, and found one node have 50 primary
partitions(max) but the other only have 21 primary partitions(min), in
addition, one node have 83 primary+backup partitions(max) but the other only
have 52 primary+backup partitions(min).

so it looks like bad partitions' balance among ignite nodes, do you have a
report on partitions' balance? and any suggestion if I want to deploy more
ignite nodes?

Re: partitions' balance among ignite nodes

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi, blueh.

Please take a look at the issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3018.

I created partition distribution diagrams when i worked on the task.

Heatmaps are attached to the issue.

There are diagrams for 3, 64, 100, 128, 200, ..., 600 nodes.

Pay your attention to the left diagram (MD5 title). This is a current
implementation available on the production.

Horizontally: type of node (primary,  backup0, backup 1);
Vertically: all nodes from topology;
Z-order: count of partitions.

On 26.08.2016 4:45, bluehu wrote:
> I have test the partitions' balance among ignite nodes, parts=1024, backup=1
>
> I use 32 ignite nodes to test, and found one node have 50 primary
> partitions(max) but the other only have 21 primary partitions(min), in
> addition, one node have 83 primary+backup partitions(max) but the other only
> have 52 primary+backup partitions(min).
>
> so it looks like bad partitions' balance among ignite nodes, do you have a
> report on partitions' balance? and any suggestion if I want to deploy more
> ignite nodes?

Taras Ledkov