Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Amit Soni <am...@netcore.co.in> on 2005/02/01 18:10:47 UTC

J2-SSO

Hi all,

  I already have three java based web application ready and all of them
are using their own db. and all have their own user name and password
now i want to integrate all of these applications in J2 and want to
implement SSO within it. I mean all of these application have their own
login page but don't want that login page but when i logged in
jetspeed-2's login page it automatically logged in respective
application. So can it be possible in j2 SSO? and if so then what i have
to do for that .. so any one have idea about this then please help me..

Regards,
Amit Soni

Re: J2-SSO

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@apache.org>.
With J2-SSO you can map Jetspeed users to application credentials.

If you have login pages but you like to bypass the login by providing
the credentials you can use the SSOWebContent portlet or subclass the
portlet and define in our implementation  how the credentials should be
passed to your login page.

The SSO Management portlet allows you to create sites (URL) to your
login pages and assign remote credential for a J2 user or group. I found
it handy to define a group, add users to it and then define remote
credential for that group. Any user belonging to that group will obtain
the remote credential from the SSO store.

I added some SSO documentation that can be found in design-docs/src/sso

Roger