Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2020/08/14 05:31:37 UTC

Karaf running in background

Hi,

Running Karaf in a VPS in background mode.

Error occurs and cannot gain access to karaf instance with ssh.

The only way I have been able to fix is to reinstall. The stop script does not work in this case.

Is there a way to gain control through the vps terminal?

Paul Fraser

Re: Karaf running in background

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
Hi JB,

I am using Installbuilder for installation on the VPS and my installer runs bin/start.

My initial attempts with the installer actually setup and ran the wrapper etc. for auto restart, but
the install ends up with all he files as root so I will have to set up as a wrapper service after
install to allow auto restart.

Unfortunately I have reinstalled and lost the logs but I am pretty sure that my code is at fault.
 From memory it was related to an array idx out of bounds.

So the question probably is, what mode should I start in to allow recovery from a runtime error? It
actually ran for about 2 weeks before the error.. I have 2 other vps's running for about a month
with exactly the same code without a problem so far.

Paul

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,