Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2011/06/28 17:41:40 UTC

Introducing the new Xalan PMC

Hi Xalan community,

I'm pleased to announce that the ASF board has voted for re-establish
the Xalan PMC as follows:

 * David Bertoni (dbertoni, PMC chair)
 * Gareth Reakes (gareth)
 * Tim Williams (twilliams)
 * Sanjiva Weerawarana (sanjiva)
 * Gary D. Gregory (ggregory)
 * Michael Glavassevich (mrglavas)
 * Bertrand Delacretaz (bdelacretaz)

Existing PMC members (apart from David who was the only active one
left) have been discharged from their PMC responsibilities. If any of
those folks want to become active again they're more than welcome, of
course.

This re-established PMC means votes for new releases and new
committers and PMC members can happen here again - now's the time for
people interested in continuing Xalan's development to show up here
and convince those folks to elect you - by doing good things for the
project.

David, could you update the committers/board/committee-info.txt file
and LDAP groups accordingly?

Also, I think a special report should be prepared for the next board
meeting, on July 20th, to get back on track with those reports.

Thanks,
-Bertrand

Re: Introducing the new Xalan PMC

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Xalan community,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the ASF board has voted for re-establish
> the Xalan PMC as follows:
>
>  * David Bertoni (dbertoni, PMC chair)
>  * Gareth Reakes (gareth)
>  * Tim Williams (twilliams)
>  * Sanjiva Weerawarana (sanjiva)
>  * Gary D. Gregory (ggregory)
>  * Michael Glavassevich (mrglavas)
>  * Bertrand Delacretaz (bdelacretaz)
>
> Existing PMC members (apart from David who was the only active one
> left) have been discharged from their PMC responsibilities. If any of
> those folks want to become active again they're more than welcome, of
> course.
>
> This re-established PMC means votes for new releases and new
> committers and PMC members can happen here again - now's the time for
> people interested in continuing Xalan's development to show up here
> and convince those folks to elect you - by doing good things for the
> project.
>
> David, could you update the committers/board/committee-info.txt file
> and LDAP groups accordingly?
>
> Also, I think a special report should be prepared for the next board
> meeting, on July 20th, to get back on track with those reports.

Hi xalaners and thanks Bertrand for leading this up!

--tim

Re: Introducing the new Xalan PMC

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Good news :-)

2011/6/28 Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>

> Hi Xalan community,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the ASF board has voted for re-establish
> the Xalan PMC as follows:
>
>  * David Bertoni (dbertoni, PMC chair)
>  * Gareth Reakes (gareth)
>  * Tim Williams (twilliams)
>  * Sanjiva Weerawarana (sanjiva)
>  * Gary D. Gregory (ggregory)
>  * Michael Glavassevich (mrglavas)
>  * Bertrand Delacretaz (bdelacretaz)
>
> Existing PMC members (apart from David who was the only active one
> left) have been discharged from their PMC responsibilities. If any of
> those folks want to become active again they're more than welcome, of
> course.
>
> This re-established PMC means votes for new releases and new
> committers and PMC members can happen here again - now's the time for
> people interested in continuing Xalan's development to show up here
> and convince those folks to elect you - by doing good things for the
> project.
>
> David, could you update the committers/board/committee-info.txt file
> and LDAP groups accordingly?
>
> Also, I think a special report should be prepared for the next board
> meeting, on July 20th, to get back on track with those reports.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bertrand

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Re: Introducing the new Xalan PMC

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Welcome all and thanks to Bertrand for the effort put in to make this
happen.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello to you and all as well.

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@we7.com>.
Hello everyone!

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Steven! Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.