Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Amanda Sutej <am...@raywhite.com> on 2012/03/29 22:40:26 UTC

Your program

Hello

Can you please tell me how similar this program is to Microsoft Word??

I am considering it for my business and some computers already have word and I am needing to put Word onto others.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Your program

Posted by xia zhao <li...@gmail.com>.
Amanda,

Could you show me what's your want for this program comparing with
Microsoft Word?  For example, what's the features you want this program
offers? I may give suggestion based on you need.

Best Regards

Lily

Re: Your program

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
El día 29 de marzo de 2012 22:40, Amanda Sutej
<am...@raywhite.com> escribió:

> Hello
>
> Can you please tell me how similar this program is to Microsoft Word??
>
> I am considering it for my business and some computers already have word and I am needing to put Word onto others.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Writer is not a clone of Word: Writer do similar things (process
complex documents) than Word, but on different ways. For example,
Writer is heavily based on the proper use of styles and have an user
interface easy to use, but not easy to learn... But once you know how
everything work, it offers you a really powerful tool.

Regards

Ricardo

Re: Your program

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Amanda,

We have told you what the program can do, however we haven't asked what tasks you want to accomplish.

What are the key things you need to do?

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Your program