Posted to kato-spec@incubator.apache.org by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> on 2009/04/21 15:14:19 UTC

Re: Conference Call: Agenda

Hi all,
    I'd like for there to be an agenda for the call so we cover all the
points that are of interest to people and not waste peoples time.

My straw man suggestion is:

. Introductions
. Description of contents of Kato's org.apache.kato.java package.
. What the said package does not include.
. Description of org.apache.kato.image package.
. Design fundamentals of API
.. ImagePointers - their role in determining identity, etc.
.. Iterators - means of accessing collections, their role in search.
   JavaClass JavaClassLoader.findClass(String name) - one example of search
.. Issues with API
... Representing the dumping thread
... unidirectional links in API
... Dealing with inconsistent/incorrect/missing data - CorruptData,
exceptions.
... Dealing with optional data - DataUnavailableException
... Scalability - processing large dumps
. How to proceed from now on
.. How to proceed with user stories - how to shape API.
. Upcoming items - JavaOne BOF, JSR-326 status.
. AOB
. Wrap up.

I'd be most interested to hear what it is you want to get out of this call.

One matter that has not been discussion yet is the duration of the call.
My assumption is 1 hour, but again, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Stuart

Re: Conference Call: Agenda

Posted by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>.
Here we go.

Phone conference numbers

MEETING NUMBER: *940172*

Austria Vienna 026822056229
Belgium Brussels +32 (0) 2 290 1647
Denmark Copenhagen +45 3271 4760
France Lyon 0426840174
France Marseille 0488915288
France Paris 0170993460
Germany Berlin 030726167127
Germany Düsseldorf 021154073687
Germany Frankfurt 069589990732
Germany Hamburg 040809020573
Germany Munich +49 (0)89 244 43 26 78
Germany Stuttgart 0711490813076
Ireland Dublin +353 (0) 14 364 257
Italy Milan +39 0 230 350 9193
Italy Rome +39 0 645 210 8129
Italy Turin +39 0 112 179 2081
Japan Tokyo +81 (0) 335 708 617
Netherlands Amsterdam +31 (0) 207 965 195
Spain Barcelona +34 93 492 3080
Spain Madrid +34 91 788 9623
Sweden Stockholm +46 (0) 850 520 263
Switzerland Geneva +41 (0) 225 927 132
United Kingdom Birmingham +44 (0) 121 260 4562
United Kingdom London +44 (0) 207 154 2632
United Kingdom Manchester +44 (0) 161 250 0362
United States  +1 954 334 0395

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>wrote:
>
>> Hello Sonal,
>>   I'm expecting Steve to chip in as he'll be hosting the call. Thanks for
>> volunteering for taking notes. We'll also be recording the session and
>> transcribing it, but formatted notes will be good too.
>>

> Thanks Stuart :-).           As  to agenda -  I'd like to do a 30-45
> minutes walkthough of the API asis - discussing why its the shape it is +
> raising any obvious issues that are known.    If we have time we can discuss
> the one or two things that should be done to the API as  "step 1" . I'm
> thinking about items such as adding random access instead/as well of
> iterators + exception  handing
>

>> Thanks,
>>   Stuart
>>

>> Sonal Goyal wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stuart,
>>> This list looks like a good start, but I doubt if we can cover everything
>>> in
>>> one hour. It may help to identify the following:
>>>
>>> 1. Call coordinator.
>>> 2. Durations for each item.

Re: Conference Call: Agenda

Posted by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>.