Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by frank buloup <fr...@univmed.fr> on 2011/03/24 09:14:25 UTC

Different scr and bin distrib

Hello,

Why are there different distributions, windows and *nix, for both source
and binary ?
Does it imply to have different developement projects if I want to
include ftpserver
lib in my project ?

thks
--

Frank Buloup

04 91 17 22 71

Institut des Sciences du Mouvement

UMR 6233 CNRS & Université de le Méditerranée

163 avenue de Luminy

13288 Marseille Cedex 9

Fax : 04 91 17 22 52

Re: Different scr and bin distrib

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be less confusing to find some other way of
> identifying the the different packaging, for example, replace
> Descriptiob with:
>
> Packaging
>
> Zip (Windows)
> Tar.gz (Unix/Linux/Cygwin)

I've thought about the same thing before. Fixed it now by removing the
reference to OSes completely.

/niklas

Re: Different scr and bin distrib

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 March 2011 10:52, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wrong ML ?

Hope not.

Is this not the developer list for ftpserver?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Wrong ML ?

On 3/24/11 11:43 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 24 March 2011 10:19, frank buloup<fr...@univmed.fr>  wrote:
>> Sorry for this silly question :
>> it seems that it is just convenient downloading ways
>> Sorry
> I think he is correct to question the wording.
>
> There are some projects where the contents are different (e.g. Tomcat
> has a DLL for Windows) but here it is just the packaging that is
> different.
>
> I think it would be less confusing to find some other way of
> identifying the the different packaging, for example, replace
> Descriptiob with:
>
> Packaging
>
> Zip (Windows)
> Tar.gz (Unix/Linux/Cygwin)
>
> Just a thought.
>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Why are there different distributions, windows and *nix, for both source
>>> and binary ?
>>> Does it imply to have different developement projects if I want to include
>>> ftpserver
>>> lib in my project ?
>>>
>>> thks
>>
>> --
>>
>> Frank Buloup
>>
>> 04 91 17 22 71
>>
>> Institut des Sciences du Mouvement
>>
>> UMR 6233 CNRS&  Université de le Méditerranée
>>
>> 163 avenue de Luminy
>>
>> 13288 Marseille Cedex 9
>>
>> Fax : 04 91 17 22 52

Cordialement,