Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2022/03/15 20:48:59 UTC

[Operator] [VOTE] Release the Solr Operator v0.5.1 RC2

Please vote for release candidate 2 for the Solr Operator v0.5.1

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-operator/solr-operator-v0.5.1-RC2-revafa762893f16857b86b2ae9fc5365d21ada49a29

You can run the full smoke tester, with instructions below.
However, it is also encouraged to go and use the artifacts yourself in a
test Kubernetes cluster.
The smoke tester does not require you to download or install the RC
artifacts before running.
If you plan on just running the smoke tests, then ignore all other
instructions.

The artifacts are layed out in the following way:
  * solr-operator-v0.5.1.tgz - Contains the source release
  * crds/ - Contains the CRD files
  * helm-charts/ - Contains the Helm release packages

The RC Docker image can be found at:
  apache/solr-operator:v0.5.1-rc2

The RC Helm repo can be added with:
  helm repo add apache-solr-rc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-operator/solr-operator-v0.5.1-RC2-revafa762893f16857b86b2ae9fc5365d21ada49a29/helm-charts

You can install the RC Solr Operator and Solr CRDs and an example Solr
Cloud with:
  curl -sL0 "https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/solr/KEYS" | gpg
--import --quiet
  # This will export your public keys into a format that helm can
understand.
  # Skip verification by removing "--verify" in the helm command below.
  if ! (gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring=~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg --list-keys
"98F3F6EC"); then gpg --export >~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg; fi
  kubectl create -f
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-operator/solr-operator-v0.5.1-RC2-revafa762893f16857b86b2ae9fc5365d21ada49a29/crds/all-with-dependencies.yaml
|| \
    kubectl replace -f
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-operator/solr-operator-v0.5.1-RC2-revafa762893f16857b86b2ae9fc5365d21ada49a29/crds/all-with-dependencies.yaml
  helm install --verify solr-operator apache-solr-rc/solr-operator --set
image.tag=v0.5.1-rc2
  helm install --verify example apache-solr-rc/solr

You can run the full smoke tester directly with this command: (First
checkout the release-0.5 branch of the solr-operator)

./hack/release/smoke_test/smoke_test.sh -v "v0.5.1" -s "afa7628" -i
"apache/solr-operator:v0.5.1-rc2" -g "98F3F6EC" \
    -l '
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-operator/solr-operator-v0.5.1-RC2-revafa762893f16857b86b2ae9fc5365d21ada49a29
'

If you want to run the smoke test with a specific version of kubernetes,
use the -k option with a full version tag. (e.g. -k v1.19.3)
If you want to run the smoke test with a custom version of solr, use the -t
option with an official Solr image version. (e.g. -t 8.10.0)
  However, for this smoke test, you must use a solr version that supports
incremental backups. (i.e. 8.9+)

Make sure you have the following installed before running the smoke test:
  - Docker (Give it enough memory and CPU to run ~12 containers, 3 of which
are Solr nodes)
    More information on required resources can be found here:
https://kind.sigs.k8s.io/docs/user/quick-start/#settings-for-docker-desktop
  - Go 1.17
  - Kubectl
  - GnuPG
  - Helm v3.4.0+
  - Kustomize (v4.0.0+) This will be installed for you, but NOT upgraded if
a lower version is already installed.
  - yq
  - jq
  - coreutils (if using Mac OS)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2022-03-18 21:00 UTC.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Re: [Operator] [VOTE] Release the Solr Operator v0.5.1 RC2

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
It's been >72h since the vote was initiated and the result is:

+1  3  (3 binding)
 0  0
-1  0

This vote has PASSED