Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca> on 2003/12/04 03:28:05 UTC

Tomcat-Eclipse question

Hello,

I've got a question about integrating TOmcat and Eclipse together.  Has
anyone done it?
What I want to do is debug my Servlets as Tomcat is running.  I know the
command line to start Tomcat but I can't figure out what the parameters
are to start the JVM in debug mode and then attach to it from the
Eclipse Debugger.

Anyone with experience or even suggestions?

--
____________________________________
Developer

Re: Tomcat-Eclipse question

Posted by Peter Davison <pe...@tfnet.ca>.
Sure.

There's a plugin available for eclipse that allows you to run Tomcat within
eclipse.

You can find it here:

http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html

Regards,
Pete.

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:28:05 -0400
Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a question about integrating TOmcat and Eclipse together.  Has
> anyone done it?
> What I want to do is debug my Servlets as Tomcat is running.  I know the
> command line to start Tomcat but I can't figure out what the parameters
> are to start the JVM in debug mode and then attach to it from the
> Eclipse Debugger.
>
> Anyone with experience or even suggestions?
>
> --
> ____________________________________
> Developer
> Greenfield Research Inc.
> atreya(AT)greenfieldresearch(DOT)ca
> (902)422-9426

Peter Davison
peterdavison@tfnet.ca
h: 416 699 2964
c: 416 566 8461

RE: Tomcat-Eclipse question

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
Here is a batch file I use. The key part is the CATALINA_OPTS.

REM @ECHO OFF
SET CATALINA_VER=4.1.29
SET CATALINA_BASE=M:\cdaily
SET CATALINA_HOME=C:\SERVLET\Jakarta-Tomcat-%CATALINA_VER%
SET CATALINA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=7100
-Djava.compiler=NONE
SET JAVA_HOME=C:\J2SDK1.4.1_01
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm