Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Jason Jesso <je...@rogers.com> on 2005/09/16 15:51:46 UTC

XPathWrapper error

I compiled xml-xalan/c/samples/XPathWrapper.  I get an error when I run it.

Can someone help?

cc -I/usr/local/xerces-c/include -I/usr/local/xalan-c/include
-L/usr/local/xerces-c/lib -L/usr/local/xalan-c/lib -lxerces-c -lxalan-c
XPathWrapper.cpp TestDriver.cpp
[jason@localhost
XPathWrapper]$ ./a.out /home/mondev/globalcvs/global/jmonitor/xml/mdServResp.xml
"md" "/md/mdServResp/*"

./a.out: relocation error: ./a.out: undefined symbol:
_ZN10xalanc_1_828XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison14parseXMLStreamERKN11xercesc_2_611InputSourceERKNS_14XalanDOMStringE

Re: XPathWrapper error

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Jason Jesso wrote:
> I compiled xml-xalan/c/samples/XPathWrapper.  I get an error when I run it.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> cc -I/usr/local/xerces-c/include -I/usr/local/xalan-c/include
> -L/usr/local/xerces-c/lib -L/usr/local/xalan-c/lib -lxerces-c -lxalan-c
> XPathWrapper.cpp TestDriver.cpp
> [jason@localhost
> XPathWrapper]$ ./a.out /home/mondev/globalcvs/global/jmonitor/xml/mdServResp.xml
> "md" "/md/mdServResp/*"
>
> ./a.out: relocation error: ./a.out: undefined symbol:
> _ZN10xalanc_1_828XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison14parseXMLStreamERKN11xercesc_2_611InputSourceERKNS_14XalanDOMStringE

I don't know what platform or compiler you're using, so it's hard to
say, but it could be an incompatibility between the compiler used to
build the library, and the compiler you used to build the samples.

Note also it looks like you're using a C compiler to build, and not a
C++ compiler.  If that's what the Xalan Makefile is doing, then that may
be a bug.  If you aren't using the Makefile to build the samples, then
you should either do that, or make sure you are using a C++ compiler.

Dave