Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/08/18 19:27:16 UTC

spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers)

spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers) at
/usr/bin/spamd line 1985.

What would cause this? Thanks in advance.

Re: spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers)

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 18.08.07 10:27, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers) at
> > /usr/bin/spamd line 1985.
> >
> > What would cause this? Thanks in advance.
>
> someone is probably scanning your machine and sent unknown data to SA
> (probably HTTP request when scanning for open proxy).

Which, if true, leads to the question: why the heck are your spamd
ports visible to the world?

  Vista is at best mildly annoying and at worst makes you want to
  rush to Redmond, Wash. and rip somebody's liver out.      -- Forbes
 5 days until The 1928th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii

Re: spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers)

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 18.08.07 10:27, Marc Perkel wrote:
> From: Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>
> Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:27:16 -0700
> Subject: spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers)
> To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
>
> spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers) at
> /usr/bin/spamd line 1985.
>
> What would cause this? Thanks in advance.

someone is probably scanning your machine and sent unknown data to SA
(probably HTTP request when scanning for open proxy).
I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.