Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Georges Labrèche <gl...@stream57.com> on 2009/04/17 00:57:33 UTC

CLI options VS Ant tasks

Hello,

I am working with Ivy through the CLI and there are a few operations that seem to be only accessible through Ant tasks.
For instance <ivy:report /> and <ivy:cleancache />. Are such operations not executable through the CLI?

Thanks and regards,

 - Georges

RE: CLI options VS Ant tasks

Posted by Georges Labrèche <gl...@stream57.com>.
Hello,

Indeed, I am calling the jar directly.

I cannot make these calls from Ant because I am not using Ant. I am working with .NET projects hence using NAnt.
In my NAnt build.xml file, a call to Ivy is done via the exec task and directly on the jar, like so:

<target name="resolve-dependencies" description="Retrieve dependencies with ivy">
		<exec program="java" commandline="-jar ${ivy.jar} -sync -retrieve ${lib.dir}/[artifact]-[type]-[revision].[ext] -ivy ${ivy.dir}/ivy.xml -settings ${ivy.dir}/ivysettings.xml"/>
</target>

This is why I cannot work with Ant tasks and am relying on CLI options.

 - Georges

Posted by Benjamin Damm <bd...@silverspringnet.com>.