Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Luoh Ren-Shan <lu...@iii.org.tw> on 2002/06/20 10:48:07 UTC

How to get the returning message in plain XML?

Hi,

In the "Addr" example, the return type of "getAddressFromName"
is a complex type.

<xsd:complexType name="address">
 <xsd:all>
  <xsd:element name="streetNum" type="xsd:int"/>
 </xsd:all>
</xsd:complexType>

Using TCPmon, I found the encoded message looks like this:

<address href="#id0"/>
<multiRef id="id0" ...>
 <streetNum xsi:type="xsd:int">1</streetNum>
 <streetName xsi:type="xsd:string">University Drive</streetName>

My question is, how can I get the returning message in
a form looks like "<address><streetNum>1</streetNum>.."
without changing the server config?
Do I have to deserialize it from the "Address" class?
(XML -> Object -> XML)

Thank you.

Luoh Ren-Shan

Bean Serialization/Deserialization without constructing the whole message?

Posted by Luoh Ren-Shan <lu...@iii.org.tw>.
Hi,
    Is there an example to serialize/deserialize between
    XML and beans generated by WSDL2Java
    without the enclosing SOAP envelope?
    The "samples/encoding/TestSer.java" sample is
    dealing with the whole SOAP message.

    Thank you.

Luoh Ren-Shan

Re: How to get the returning message in plain XML?

Posted by Brian Ewins <Br...@btinternet.com>.
Chris Haddad wrote:
> Luoh - it might be.....   You need to post the <type> definition in the
> WSDL for typens:address for us to validate your premise.
>
> /Chris

Have you tried
<part name="address" type="typens:Element"
xmlns:typens="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"/>

This is the type qname associated with the DOM Element serializer. It
makes no sense to ask for a Document rather than an Element to be
returned as the part will be a fragment of a doc (ie the whole SOAP
message), not a whole document.

-Baz

RE: How to get the returning message in plain XML?

Posted by Chris Haddad <ch...@cobia.net>.