Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 01:15:22 UTC

How to convert files in HIVE

Hi,

How can we convert files stored in snappy compressed parquet format in Hive
to avro format.

is it possible to do it. Can you please guide me or give me the link which
describe the procdure

Thanks
Jay

Re: How to convert files in HIVE

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looks like you may get more help from Hive mailing list:

http://hive.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

FYI

What about Create Table As Select (CTAS)? RE: How to convert files in HIVE

Posted by Han-Cheol Cho <ha...@nhn-playart.com>.
 Hi,

In a simple way, you can create a table in avro format and insert all data from the old table into the new one.
Please check the "Create Table As Select" section in the following hive documentation.
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-CreateTableAsSelect(CTAS)

Best wishes,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.