Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/08/03 11:30:21 UTC

Re: [Blocker] Default ip table rules on VR

Hi Sanjeev,

I added some comments to the issue on Jira, but will share it here as well since not many people are watching the issue:

I updated the CsAddress.py file and deployed a KVM datacenter, with new agent/common RPM packages. The router has now INPUT/FORWARD with DROP instead of ACCEPT.

However, it seems to block communication with the host, since the router stays stuck on "starting" state on ACS management server.

I managed to access the router via libvirt console command. See details below:

[root@kvm2 ~]# virsh console 4
Connected to domain r-4-VM
Escape character is ^]

root@r-4-VM:~# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:10086
NETWORK_STATS  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             vrrp.mcast.net
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             225.0.0.50
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             vrrp.mcast.net
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             225.0.0.50
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:http state NEW
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:http-alt state NEW

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
NETWORK_STATS  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state NEW
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
NETWORK_STATS  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain NETWORK_STATS (3 references)
           all  --  anywhere             anywhere
           all  --  anywhere             anywhere
           tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere
           tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere
root@r-4-VM:~#

I will compare the new iptables configuration with the old iptables-vpcrouter/iptables-router files.

Cheers,
Wilder

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.
HI,

VPC routers (used by single and redundant VPCs) already fixed. Now testing shared/isolated routers.

PR will be available in a few hours.

Cheers,
Wilder

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.